Become a Volunteer...
Make a difference in your local community by giving your time for a few hours, a few days or whenever you can. We need volunteers who would like to take on regular volunteering positions and can offer lots of different volunteering experiences for reliable, enthusiastic volunteers.
UET also offers corporate volunteering, and for more information contact our head of charitable services Sarah Gillam (nee Howes) on 01793 702717. Activities range from collecting donations, hard physical work on our farm/gardens or decorating, as well as providing events and charitable opportunities for the individuals and families we support.
The Uplands Educational Trust currently has the following volunteering opportunities:
- Community Enterprise Centre - Café - Volunteering to run our Café on Friday's 10:00 – 13:00.
- Support with the Holiday Clubs and or Saturday Youth Clubs
- Support at the Maryfield Leisure Club (Tuesday's 7-9pm)
- Skills for Life – Supporting young adults to put their skills used into practice, activities range from completing arts/sensory or cooking activities to travelling on public transport and working on our Farm/Garden.
- 1:1 Mentoring with young adults (at a time to suit your availability, but we do ask for a regularly weekly/fortnightly commitment).
To find out more please contact the Head of Charitable Services, Sarah Gillam (nee Howes) on 01793 702717 or follow the link to send an Email Sarah. Full training and guidance will be provided to volunteers.